Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Power of His Love

Just the knowledge that God thinks I am spotless, blameless, and worthy of His love despite my sin, it makes me want to fall to His feet and weep in thankfulness. How good He is! I sin and continue to sin, and he knows it and knows I will never be perfect or even close to it, yet he still accepts me. Still loves me. It’s overwhelming.

Like in one of Matt Chandler’s sermons he says, “when you believe God delights in you when you know there is not a lot of reason for him to delight in you, faith in that leads to a love that begins to motivate our behavior. We go, ‘You want me to live like what? Oh man, I'll live like that. You want me to forsake that and run to that? Man, I'll do that.’ Love is a powerful motivating force.”

And I find that to be absolutely true. When I just sit and soak up the fact that God loves when DESPITE my shortcomings, I can’t help but be in awe of Him. It humbles me to know how great, perfect, and holy He is, and that He chose to die for me on that cross.

Do you know that feeling when your heart is pumping insanely fast and it feels like it’s going to explode and you’re just so deeply in love you? That is what I feel when I read the Bible and am reminded of how blessed I am to receive His love, His friendship, and His promises.

His love motives me to love others, and serve others, and care for them as I would myself. It gives me a desire to please Him, and do what he asks of me.

No comments: