Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Trusting God's Word

When people ask me questions about my beliefs, most of the time I can explain exactly why I believe certain things and clearly state the reasoning behind them.

But sometimes on certain topics the truth really is "I believe it simply because the Bible says it." Yes, there are times when I myself don't understand, sometimes it doesn't even make sense to me yet.

But I have this absolute trust in the word of God that I am willing to obey it and believe it, not because I understand every single thing in it, but because I fiercely trust God's judgement and there is not a fibre of my being that doubts His goodness. I know that though I may not understand now, there is a valid purpose for everything written in that book, and one day I will understand the things my mind cannot currently fathom.

I know to non-Christians it sounds ludicrous. How can you believe something you don't even see the reasoning behind? Like I said, there's only a few topics that this happens where I can't really grasp WHY it has to be this way, but when that confusion does come, I just trust in God. Some people call it blind faith, but simple faith is really all it is.

We cannot limit the Bible to our human understanding when it is the word of God, a God who is much greater than we are and whose knowledge is limitless. Sometimes, we have to put it into His hands and trust in His sovereignty.