Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Dear future husband,

If there's one piece of advice I'd give you, it would be this: don't be in a rush to find me. Yes, I too am very eager and excited to meet you, but I believe God has things for us to work out in our own lives before He brings us together.

Before we can be good together, we have to be good with God and God alone. Him alone should be enough for us, enough for our heart, spirit, and soul. We must not long or thirst for anything other than Jesus. What I want for both of us is for us to enter a level of intimacy with our beloved Jesus that no matter who or what comes into our lives, it will never take the place of Him. I don't want to complete you. I want God to complete you. I want God to fulfil you and validate you. I cannot do that for you, and I don't expect you to do it for me either. We will have our roles to play for each other, but validating each other is not one of them. That is a space only the Holy Spirit can fill. So let Him fill it.

I want you to know that I hope and pray every day that you seek Him above all else. I pray that you look to God for strength to overcome the struggles you go through, and that you turn to Him and never from Him. I fervently pray that the Holy Spirit mold you into the man of God that He desires you to be. I also pray all the time that I will be able to give you the things you need and love you in a way you will feel it and know it with complete confidence.

I do not know who you are yet, or where you are, or when we will be brought together, but I am not worried. I trust that whoever you are and wherever you are, God will bring us into each others lives in His perfect timing. Seek Him, and love Him. I will do the same. And I believe that when God sees we are good and ready, He will allow us to meet.

With loving affection,
Your future wife

No comments: