Tuesday, October 23, 2012

My affections for God

Things that stir my affections for Jesus. These are things that when I do, hear, and/or partake in them, they widen my appreciation and love for God.
  • Worship
  • Prayer
  • His presence
  • Connecting with people
  • Listening to a crowded room worship God
  • Comfy blankets & perfect pillows
  • The knowledge that Jesus loves me
  • Speaking about Him
  • People when they're vulnerable
  • Coffee when I'm exhausted
  • My puppy's joy dance when I get home
  • Photography
  • Creativity
  • Puffy clouds
  • Autumn
  • Long heartfelt hugs
  • People confiding in me
  • Listening to sermons
  • A good night of sleep
  • Nature
  • Animals

Things that rob my affections for Jesus. These are things that when I do, hear, and/or partake in them they hinder my relationship with God.
  • Sin
  • Watching television
  • Worldly music
  • Gossip
  • Curse words
  • Negative thoughts
  • Choosing stuff over God
  • Dwelling on negatives
  • Not spending time with Him
  • Mushrooms (lol jk)
  • Trying to solve my own problems
  • Worry and doubt
  • Fear

There's much more than this, but these are all I could think of right now and they have recently been the main things that either edify or hinder me. Also, the idea to write this was inspired by Matt Chandler in this sermon in which he speaks about it "disciplined delights" at 35:15 minutes if you want to fast-forward it to watch that one part and understand better what he means.

No comments: